1. High Rate of Heat Transfer
The name "plate-fin" refers to the structure of the heat exchanger, which is a stack of alternating flat plates and corrugated sheets. The ridges on the corrugated sheet are known as fins. The fins, together with the flat plates, form the flow channels or finned chambers for various liquids to flow through.
Due to disturbance of the finned structure to fluid stream, the thermal boundary layer becomes thinner and heat transfer is increased. Generally speaking, the heat transfer coefficient of our heat transfer equipment is 3 times that of an ordinary shell and tube heat exchanger. It is a sweet set-up for use in gas/gas heat exchanging applications, where the temperature difference between two heat transfer media falls in the range of 1.5°C - 2°C and most heat would be recycled.
2. Compact Structure
The majority of heat is transferred from one stream through the fins to the separator plate and through the next set of fins into the adjacent fluid. The heat transfer area is up to 1500 m2/m³.
3. Lightweight Construction
For the same heat transfer area, our plate-fin model has only 1/5 the weight of an ordinary shell and tube heat exchanger.
4. Pressure Resistance
The whole stack of plates and sheets is fastened into one piece. There are corrugations or fins between 2 layers of separator plates, thus the whole structure can withstand high pressure up to 5.3-8.0MPa.
The plate-fin heat exchanger has a huge range of applications. It is commonly found in Caterpillar and Komatsu engineering vehicles, Sullair and Atlas air compressors, Dodge and Volvo vehicles, Cummins generator sets, and more. To illustrate, we have designed and produces the following types of products for our customers.
1. Air compressor coolers, including the oil cooler, aftercooler, aftercooler/oil cooler combination unit, air blast cooler, as well as the oil and gas cooler for screw compressors, sliding vane compressors, scroll compressors and other rotary compressors.
2. Cooler for wind turbines, including water cooling system for the engine and the frequency converter, transmission oil cooler, and hydraulic system heat exchanger.
3. Car radiators, including diesel engine cooling system
4. Cooler for engineering machinery: including engine oil cooler, intercooler, water cooling radiator, combined radiators
5. Oil coolers for concrete mixer
6. Hydraulic oil coolers, including both water cooled and air cooled versions
7. Cooler for ships
8. Aluminum cooler core
|Model No.||Dimension||Oil Inlet and Outlet Specifications||Heat Transfer Area (m2)||Dimensional Drawing|
|874×840×150||M36×2(Male Tread)||28 (Hydraulic Oil Cooler, Torque Converter Oil Cooler: 10.8)|
The above specifications are provided for your reference only. We can design and manufacture products according to your specific requirements.